ST. XAVIER`S D.ED COLLEGE, KOLHAPUR
- Teachers play a very important role in a student’s life. It’s a teacher who guides a student through his or her career. So it is very significant to be adequately equipped with resources that will create the teacher an ideal role model to the students. To achieve this St.Xavier’s D.Ed College,Kolhapur was established in the year 2010. The institution renders quality education to the students by innovative teaching methodologies. The Diploma in Education is mainly designed to prepare effective primary school teachers to work in the schools. The course essentially aims at helping student teachers become aware of certain new content, develop competencies and understand his/her multiple roles in the present context.
AIMAS AND OBJECTIVES
- To acquire competencies required for a ‘Good Teacher’ as prescribed by NCTE.
- To understand the nature of the child.
- To understand the pedagogical principles and to apply them in the class room
- To develop their own philosophy towards the child, learning and techniques of teaching.
- To integrate value system in teaching - learning process
- To develop sense of dignity, self respect and self reliance
- To offer an all round training i.e. mental, physical, cultural, social, moral and spiritual
ST. XAVIER`S D.ED COLLEGE, KOLHAPUR THE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION COURSE IS GEARED TO REALIZE THE FOLLOWING OBJECTIVES AND THEREFORE SHALL ATTEMPT TO DEVELOPMENT AS A STUDENT TEACHER
- Understanding the system, practices and the problems that accompanied the development of education in our country.
- Understanding the nature and problems of primary school children and ability to them solve them effectively.
- Understanding, appreciation and skills in respect of special approaches, learning experiences, methods and tools etc., adopted in curriculum planning, teaching and evaluation of the subjects of their specialization.
- Understanding, of the general functioning and organization of Primary schools and thereby acquire the ability to contribute towards effective curricular and co-curricular learning programs in schools.